• Wednesday, September 06, 2006

    Singapore Day 1 -
    Fuck, was it tiring

    Was lying down on the couch watching CSI – NY.. Feeling so drowsy...eyes watering.. sleepy...its like i just had a heavy banana leaf rice meal and washed it down with a couple of beers..ya know that kinda drowsiness ya get right after a meal like that... but I didn’t have banana leaf rice and I didn’t have beers.. I had KFC instead for lunch but I sure as hell wished I had a couple of beers to accompany the fried chicken.. I kept telling my mom I’ve been feeling drowsy for a couple of afternoons now...kinda weird actually since I get up bout 9-ish and bout 3 im drowsy again.. she kept telling me that im lasy and that im used to my routine of bumming at home... not..!

    Then the rain came… which didn’t help make matters any better... and astro went off service.. fighting the urge to sleep.. I collected my laundry and dumped in into the washer... then I ironed some tops of mine...
    While ironing I had this sudden urge to blog... I’ve been wanting to blog this for a few months now already... thought, hell! i better start with this and finish what's supposed to be done by done...
    right after quiting my job in early June... I headed of to Singapore.. everyone thought I went for a new job...but actually I just went down to chillax...spend some me time.. Was chilling in Singapore for about a week...
    It was pretty awesome to say the least...used to hang out quite often in Singapore when I was a kid but it had been more than 10 years since I last visited Singapore... and frankly I couldn’t remember nuts about Singapore...

    It took me 45 minutes to reach Johor from Ipoh with Air Asia... I was hoping we’d get the new Airbus A320 but we’re instead provided a not so new Boeing 737... disappointed... limited legroom and there were no onboard entertainment..! but the stewardess were hot (not all pictured here).... I had the whole left row of seats to myself.. and we actually arrived 15 minutes ahead of schedule.. which saved me the trouble of missing the shuttle i'd wanted to catch...

    from the Senai International Airport I hadta catch a connecting shuttle to City Lounge in Johor' city center.. that took another 30 minutes or so.. and from City Lounge I hadta transfer to another shuttle taking me all the way across the causeway to Singapore..
    It took me about 2 hours to reach the Malaysian Immigrations checkpoint... there I hadta wait for Siva to accompany me across the causeway... dude was like “no problem.. give me a call when you reach City Lounge.. I’ll meet you at Malaysian checkpoint”... yea total bullocks! dude ended up being late... after numerous phone calls and messages.. dude finally arrived after about an hour later... blaming it on the traffic...dude actually walked across the causeway... but yea it was a weekend and it was rush hour after all... and trust me.. traffic was a real bitch... the amount of vehicles trying to get into Singapore was outrageous.. and no one was moving..!

    Right after you leave the Malaysian checkpoint...it’s a world of difference... The Malaysian checkpoint is like some 3rd world fuck up... and the one in Singapore is modern.. clean.. and doesn’t smell of smoke.. The Singaporean checkpoint is new? i suppose.. cause i only remember the Malaysian checkpoint from before..
    the lamest thing though.. you’re required to fill in this form to submit with your passport at the Singapore checkpoint..there were a gazillion forms but no pens! No mother fucking pens! Do they expect every tourist to be carrying a pen.. everyone were hunting around for a pen... and it was fucking rush hour..! luckily this white dude came along.. he actually gave me his pen... I still have it.. and im gonna carry that same pen along with me every time I travel from now on...

    So I left ipoh at 3pm and finally settled down in Yishun bout 7pm... and to think the flight only took 45 minutes! My shoulders were aching as hell from lugging my full bag pack...
    Siva and his gf treated me to an awesome Chinese dinner at a typical Singaporean food court.. I asked the dude whats popular as a beverage in Singapore... Green Tea was the reply.. so I tried it out.. it was actually Green Tea with Jasmine… rather interesting.. kinda havta get used to the VERY strong presence of Jasmine..

    After dinner Siva accompanied me to Ang Mo Kio.... I was staying with my aunt and cousin.... thank god Ang Mo Kio was only less than 5 stops away from Yishun... Hadta wait again for my cousin to arrive... and a very short bus ride later I finally reached my aunts place at roughly 10pm.... All I wanted to do was take a shower and go to bed... but of course I hadta sit down and catch up with my aunt and cousin first...

    one of the best parts of Singapore is that even though there are so many highrise apartments and stuff around.. there is still a lot of grenery... and its no surprise that everything is clean..proper.. and organised..
    I totally loved my aunt's place... Mayflower Gardens.. its one of the few places in Singapore with houses... it kinda reminded me of my home.. cause it was quiet...
    but besides that the area is awesome.. it's about a 10 minute walk away from the busier parts ei: the MRT station etc... there are trees everywhere.. nice walkways.. i mean its the type of place i'd live in... you just feel like going for a run or walk around the area.. everything is within walking distance.. food courts.. McD's even... after the second day i never took the bus again.. i walked to and from the MRT station... i totally loved the 10 minute walk...

    only got on the double-decker like twice... never got to experience the upper deck... cause the ride to the MRT station was less than 5 minutes...

    My aunt's neighbor had a 70's type 2 VW Bus....! what are the odds..... everytime i heard the sound of the flat four.... i missed May.... really wish i could have driven her down....

    so yea... thats part one down...

    Currently Listening To: Good Grief - Foo Fighters
    Currently Feeling: 'icky


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home