• Saturday, July 22, 2006

    Awesomely bad no. 1's

    was watching VH1's 40 most awesomely bad number 1's earlier... and man..! it just brought me back to my childhood.. the eighties and nineties.. represent, yo!
    hahahhaa.. mother'.... it was freakin' hilarious listening to all those songs we loved so much THEN... all the video clips that had the same theme and colors which were LAME... and all that clothing'..the ones we used to have... come on! no point being shy now.. just admit it you wankers..! i admit i had baggy Mc Hammer pants and EMF styled denim jackets with huge peace signs at the back.... aaahhh! those were the days..

    the video clips are one thing... they were horrible and are still horrible... but the songs on the other hand... they were COOL back then... and even now when you listen to them... its like wow its been like 10...15 years since i last heard that song.. and ya know it still sounds interesting... childhood memories come back... geezz! its corny man.. but hehe! i used to boogy to this and yeah i can still feel it now.. but what the fuck were they thinking man! the lyrics.. the bloody lyrics! its like ear bleed... you cannot comprehend whats being said...

    these are stuff that i really used to listen to most when i was younger... in VH1 chart order..

    40 - The Macarena - Los Del Rio .... it was a phenomenon but did anyone actually know what they were singin' bout?

    39 - Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice .... a'ight stop collaborate and listen.. 'nuff said!

    36 - Eye of the Tiger - Survivor .... i dont know man.. i still remember the tiger in the video clip..

    32 - The Sign - Ace of Bass .... I saw the sign.. it opened up my eyes, i saw the sign.. What The Fuck?

    28 - Im Too Sexy - Right Said Fred .... eeeerrrmmmm! What The Fuck?

    17 - Owner of a Lonely Heart .... owner of a lonely heart (is much better) a than owner of a broken heart... wow, imagine that?

    16 - The Look - Roxette .... a non english speaking band shouldn't have written an english song...
    walking like a man,
    hitting like a hammer,
    she's a juvenile scam.
    Never was a quitter,
    tasty like a raindrop,
    she's got the look. .... na na na nana oh! What The Fuck!

    12 - All For Love - Color Me Badd .... i want you to know i do it all for love bla bla bla..

    6 - Unbelievable - EMF .... white guys shouldn't rap.. "what the fuck was that, it's unbelievable" hey! they said it 'emselves..!

    4 - Informer - Snow .... man! this really proves white guys shouldn't rap! period!

    i bet Snow had no idea himself what the fuck he was singin' bout... dude must have serious been on pot.. wrote down some gibberish.. and when he sobered up.. dude had a number one..! i really thought Snow was a Jamaican until today..! turns out the boy was just a wannabe.. the poor canadian white boy so wanted to be Jamaican and claimed to be from the ghetto of Toronto.. the ghetto of toronto! for real yo! 50 cents must be wettin his pants, nigga.. a white canadian boy with a jamaican accent.. Snow you're a joke man!

    cant say we're morons for loving Informer.. dude we're kids and not like we understood what was being said.. all that mattered was that it went a boom boom down!
    i downloaded Informer while watching the show...listening to it after more than 10 years... i was dumbfucked to discover what the fuck Snow was singin about... still nothing.. but being wiser now i know its just craptastic!

    Sample Informer for yourself..

    Informer
    You know say daddy me snow me-a (gonna) blame
    A licky boom-boom down
    'Tective man he say, say Daddy Me Snow me stab someone down the lane
    A licky boom-boom down

    Police-a them-a they come and-a they blow down me door
    One him come crawl through through my window
    So they put me in the back the car at the station
    From that point on I reach my destination
    Well the destination reached in down-a East detention
    Where they whip down me pants look up me bottom

    Bigger they are they think they have more power
    There on the phone me say that on hour
    Me for want to use it once and-a me call me lover
    Lover who me callin'-a the one Tammy
    And me love her in my heart down to my belly-a
    Yes say Daddy Me Snow me I feel cool and deadly
    Yes the one MC Shan and the one Daddy Snow
    Together we-a love 'em as a tornado

    Listen to me ya better listen for me now
    Listen to me ya better listen for me now
    When-a me rock-a the microphone, me rock on steady-a
    Yes-a Daddy Me Snow me are the article don
    But the in an a-out a dance an they say, Where ya come from?
    People them say I come from Jamaica
    But me born and raised (in the ghetto) I want ya to know-a
    Pure black people man thats all I man know
    Yeah me shoes are-a tear up an-a my toes used to show-a
    Where me-a born in-a the one Toronto

    Come with a nice young lady
    Intelligent, yes she gentle and irie
    Everywhere me go me never lef' her at all-ie
    Yes-a Daddy Snow me are the roam dance man-a
    Roam between-a dancin' in-a in-a nation-a
    You never know say Daddy Me Snow me are the boom shakata
    Me never lay-a down flat in-a one cardboard box-a
    Yes-a Daddy Me Snow me-a go reachin' out da top

    Why would he? [repeat]

    Me sittin round cool with my jiggy jiggy girl
    Police knock my door, lick up my pal
    Rough me up and I cant do a thing
    Pick up my line when my telephone ring
    Take me to the station, black up my hands
    Trail me down 'cause I'm hangin with the Snowman
    What an I gonna do, I'm backed and I'm trapped
    Smack me in my face, took all of my gap
    They have no clues and they wanna get warmer
    But Shan won't turn informer

    "a licky boom boom down"... that actually made the song... but a licky boom boom down?
    "they whip down me pants look up me bottom"... he's singin' bout an anal cavity search?
    haisayman! should have made that the anthem for the nude squat video!

    what was you favourite tune from the 80's and 90's... and what do you think about it now... ? feel free to tell me...

    Currently Listening To: Informer - Snow
    Currently Feeling: Hungry

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Shan said...

    Ah yes, the songs of my youth.

    Hehe crap music - gotta love it :D

    10:54 AM  
    Blogger paradoxx said...

    Shan - Hi! i cant beat your words man.. crap music that still makes us wanna boogie.. hehe :D

    2:02 PM  
    Blogger Alicia said...

    All for Love is a good song.

    8:22 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home