• Thursday, May 04, 2006

    Monday 1st may....

    This is late I know… but what the hay...besides procrastinating I’ve been busy... work' s tight now.. really cutting down on cost..I have limited staff on a very tight schedule..it’s gonna be tough… I’ve got to get down and get dirty even more now.. a lot of compromises..shorter breaks.. no breaks at all.. no more Sunday evenings off.. hai! But well gotta make the best out of what I have...

    Anyhow..this is what went down on labour day.. actually type'd it out on monday.. so yea ya know the usual excuses..

    Pretty good day...Weather wise it was terrible...muthafriggin’ hot the whole afternoon..cooled down in the evening though..
    Had to keep reminding myself it was a Monday...really felt like a Sunday..being labour day and all..everyone was off, so yea you get the flow don’t you..? I was on leave as well.. hehe.. real happy! Consider ourselves very lucky when we get leave on public holidays..we decided to close the café today… im always thankful for extra holidays..

    So yea.. last night I popped the idea of a roadtrip to Is..was looking forward to it...some shopping in penang..but got home real late last night.. or rather early this morning.. ended up waking up bout 11 am.. by this time, Is was a lil reluctant... cause it was nearing lunchtime…and it’d kinda be a rush...and tiring
    But I didn’t really mind...cause it’d only take us bout 90 mins on the highway and I’d be doing most of the driving..so hey! I said.. You just gotta sit your ass down and enjoy the ride dude.. so yea.. I picked the dude up..but I was actually up to anything..even hangin out in ipoh.. as long as It wasn’t gonna kill me with boredom.. still undecided..we agreed on starting out with lunch..again, both dumbfounded as to where to eat..

    Me: where’d you wanna eat?
    Is: where ever dude..
    Me: eeerrr… Ehsan…? its nearby
    Is: cant we go to someplace that’s not in my area?
    Me: ha! Dude! I don’t know where to go.. you tell me..

    Is: I don’t know.
    . Ehsan… Ehsan lah..
    Me: how’s bout banana leaf? At Samy?

    Is: cool.. if you don’t mind driving..

    Me: me?..driving? No problem..


    So yea..we drove all the way to chemor.. to Samy.. for banana leaf rice lunch.. we reach’d there.. and the place is packed..! there’s like people lining up..waiting for tables.. it was pass my usual lunch time..I didn’t have breakfast.. was getting edgy.. we just walked in.. stood round for bout a minute.. lady luck was on our side I suppose.. we got a table right next to where we’re standing..
    ordering was a different story all together.. they were packed.. understandable.. but everything seemed extra long to arrive at our table..
    with us not being able to speak tamil and looking like complete tourists.. very obviously from out of their little town.. first this dude cleans the table.. very quickly takes our beverage order.. we don’t even have time to decide.. order the first thing that comes to mind.. drinks arrive very quickly.. wait..wait..wait.. tak kena layan..sial!

    call this dude..he brings over a couple banana leaves.. another dude comes along and serves us the side dishes.. different types of vegetables.. wait..wait..wait still no sign of rice.. call another dude..he sends someone over to serve us rice..ok cool.. but uncool no one’s around to take our accompanying meat order..call another dude again.. order two different types of chicken and mutton dish.. they fortunately arrive in due time..

    if the food is good.. and you've enjoyed yourself.. ya havta fold the leaf towards you..

    rasem....

    moure... real accquired taste..

    ordered "rasem” a kind of Indian spicy herby clear soup.. and Is got himself “moure” I only know its some type of fermented yoghurt drink.. with onions.. a lot of salt and what not..I didn’t like it.. “moure” arrived very quickly.. but the ‘rasem” only arrive after I’d finish my rice.. hai! So I only took a couple of sips..

    the dessert display looked very tantalising.. well not the display.. that just looks like a tall steel cupboard, looks like it belongs in a morgue.. the sweets inside looked good.. but we were too full for anything after that.. the best lunch I’d had in a very long time.. the most filling lunch as well.. Is had to agree..
    Indian food + hot weather.. makes you very drowsy..
    Indian food + hot weather + beer = knockout..!
    I know from experience.. but it wasn’t that bad.. the food wasn’t real heavy.. it was all good..

    Is: It’d be nice to sleep now..!
    Me: that’s why your tummy’s building up..! hahah

    Me: but It’d be wicked going for a swim n
    ow.. in cold water!
    Is: you crazy.. in this weather..

    Me: hey wanna go to the driving range?
    Is: you crazy.. its hot..!
    Me: hahaha! So what..


    So from chemor..we turned left..back to ipoh.. penang was out of the plan by now.. driving range out the window as well... we headed to ipoh parade instead.. just to check out whats happening and new over there.. packed as hell…. Hadta park on the rooftop and walk under the blazing sun..! no im not a puteri lilin.. candle princess.. but seriously it was burning hot!

    Is: you know it’d be hotter in hell…
    Me: oh! So you know? You’ve been to hell?

    Is: ha! The rate we’re going, im sure they already have a place for us there…!

    Me: excuse me! What do you mean us? Im a good boy…ok! Angel.. me angel!

    Is: you..? hha!

    Me: what? Ok la.. im actually heading to a place in between.. in between heaven and hell.. so it wont be too hot or cool.. :)


    So yea.. wasn’t surprised..nothing remotely interesting in parade..although that place is like a few times bigger than kinta city..its still lame.. did end up buying a singlet though..and Is.. dude you were right.. the size fits perfectly..looks like the In thing now is stripes...everywhere we look, there’s striped shirts..which is cool by me..I heart stripe shirts...but I never buy any now..cause I don’t wear formal wear anymore..so as much as I want to.. I always don’t see the point..Is on the other hand being another stripe shirt freako.. cant seem to get enough..in the past 4 days.. we’ve been out twice.. and dude’s bought 2 stripe shirts… but its cool for him… cause he needs to dress formally to work… what I cant seem to get enough of on the other hand, is chicks in striped pants! oh god! I heart chicks in striped pants... in the words of miss Hilton..that’s hot!

    We head to kinta city after that... Decided to catch a movie… I had no idea what so ever.. on all the movie’s that were playing..was wondering what the movie’s were bout..so we’re looking bout at the posters, trying to get an idea..then we saw this...

    The Sentinel...

    What...! you thought we watched The Wild? Ha! Wankers... I’d rather stab myself in the head than go to the movies to watch a kiddie movie.. let alone with another guy..! Dude if you’re looking for a brokeback kinda story.. you’re at the wrong place mate..!

    The Sentinel..staring Michael Douglas.. Kiefer Sutherland.. the 24 dude.. Eva Longoria.. Kim Basinger. Did I mention EVA LONGORIA...? she alone would have been good enough to watch it...but it had a good cast.. it seemed like a guy enough movie.. something like the 24 tele series.. so yea impulse said watch it.. and so we did..
    It was a good movie...really entertaining...Eva Longoria was mouth watering-ly hot as usual...just like how Duff Beer or free food makes Homer Simpson drool with joy.. I don’t know bout Is.. but I didn’t drool.. I swear... not im public la.. :P

    the story line was good… not trying to spoil it but.. its bout the US secret service...the presidents security detail..a mole in the secret service in cahoots to assassinate the president.. one of their top agents being blackmailed for having an affair with the first lady.. action was real 24 like... good though...if you haven’t watched it should give go watch it already…

    I nearly… oh so nearly… lost my cool in the cinema.. there was this Indonesian couple sitting right next to me… and they never stopped bickering..loudly! On the phone.. with each other.. I was getting really pissy.. wondering why did they pay 16 bucks for a movie.. when they most likely don’t understand a word that’s being said.. ok maybe they’ll just watch the action.. whatever then.. but why the fuck in hell would they wanna pay 16 bucks to sit there and bicker with each other.. omfg! I nearly got up.. picked up the dude’s coke.. threw it at his face and yelled pukimak..tolong diam… orang bayar nak tengok wayang bukan nak dengan ‘lu bising.. cibai! Those words were right at the tip of my tongue.. I swear...
    I also imagined everyone applauding after I did that...heheheh..

    After the movie… we walk bout a lil..pop’d into MPH...got my fresh copy of Men’s Health..and we always flip thru MotorTrader to check out what new classic VW’s are for sale..

    Ended the day with a latte al fresco style at the Bean... It’s like a love hate relationship with that place...very weird and ironic ya know...and I cant believe it.. it’s been 13 months.. well almost.. since I quit the Bean... I don’t know what was on my mind but all this while until I realised it...I thought it was gonna be a year this month..then I realised april has come and gone and its freakin may already.. heh! 10th april wasn’t a pleasant day... last day of work and I didn’t even get to go to work... spent most of the day being interrogated by stupid cops trying to scare the shit out of us... didn’t succeed with me though...really unbelievable how time flies mate...even with this job its been 5 months... and I cant believe it..

    Circuit class followed by M.I. 3 awaits me later...

    So yea.. happy days wankers…

    Currently Listening To : Crazy - Javier

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home